Causes of Calluses
The foremost cause of calluses as well as corns is extreme pressure or friction on the skin of feet. Now what causes this pressure or friction can be also be taken as the causes of calluses.
Badly chosen shoes
This can be anything- tight shoes, loose shoes or the one with high heels. Any type of ill-fitted shoes are enough to give you calluses on the bottom of feet or in fact even above it.
- Tight shoes- lead to compression of larger parts of your foot.
- Loose shoes- Because they are not a perfect fit, they would lead to sliding, rubbing or friction and cause calluses.
Here are some of my favorite tips & tricks to help soothe those soles. Simple recipes you may have right in your kitchen. Use these home remedies to get your feet sandal ready!
Baking soda i got baking soda
Baking soda has been widely accepted as a good natural exfoliator. The fine crystals in baking slough off the dead cells and make your skin soft. Because the skin of calluses is very thick and hard, you might need to use baking soda for a number of times to remove calluses from your feet.
- Baking Soda- 3 tbsp
- Warm water to soak
- Add baking soda to the warm water in the foot basin.
- Soak your feet in this water for half an hour.
- Don’t forget to pat dry and moisturize after soaking.
- Repeat 2-3 times a week initially and then once a week.
Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Calluses
Apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature. This acidic property of ACV helps you a lot in softening the skin that can be then removed to get rid of calluses. Also, vinegar balances the pH levels and thus it's good for those too who have sweaty feet. You can even use plain vinegar if ACV is not in your instant reach.
Make Sugar Scrub for Removing Calluses
When it comes to a scrub recipe for removing calluses, sugar scrub is also an effective one. For a rather stubborn dead skin lump as the callus, the sugar granules work fine to exfoliate. Here is such a recipe of sugar scrub that uses mineral oil to keep your skin moist as the scrub works to eliminate the dead skin. The lemon essential oil in the recipe soothes your skin and also work to make it soft so that you can remove the callus easily.
- Granulated sugar- ½ cup
- Mineral oil- enough to make loose paste
- Lemon essential oil- few drops
- Combine sugar, mineral oil and lemon oil to make a loose paste. It should have such consistency that makes it easy for you to rub on your calluses.
- Now take some of this paste and start rubbing your callus with this.
- Massage in circular strokes for about 15-20 minutes or till you feel no more sugar crystals.
- Now wash off with lukewarm water.
- Moisturize your feet or hands.
- Repeat 2-3 times a week.
I hope you found this informative! This would be a perfect way to wind down on a Sunday night. Light your favorite candle put on some slow jams and RELAX!
Comment below any tips & tricks you may have and let me know if you try any of our tips and if they worked. Share with a Friend!
Shop our Sandal Collection to show off those smooth soles !